Friday, September 15, 2006

Food
Korean food was an adventure in and of itself. I went in ready to try everything (and I did), but I can't say I loved it all. It's very healthy and much of it is tasty. However, I found that a lot of it tasted alike. It's spicy, which I didn't mind, and heavy on fish and vegetables.

The food is usually served in tons of small dishes, which winds up nearly covering the whole table! The locals said we ate really well on our trip, that they only use that many dishes for special meals. Well, we ate special every meal. The meal we had in the picture on the left consisted of 16 different dishes. As soon as we'd finish with something, they bring out more - it just kept coming. I'd hate to have to clean up after that meal! We really liked the dish bulgogi, which is a beef you barbecue at the table. Yum! Although, it was very hot and often required a nice ice cream cone to cool off our mouths! :)



The eating experience was not without its interesting moments. I've had octopus before, but I'd never just gnawed on a tentacle. I ate eel, tiny, dried fish and even a silkworm!!!!!



Needless to say, I was so ready for a cheeseburger when I came home!

No comments: